How do i getting online in QEMU?

About Qemu-system-ppc, a PPC Mac emulator for Windows, macOS and Linux that can run Mac OS 9.0 up to Mac OS X 10.5

Moderators: Cat_7, Ronald P. Regensburg

psh
Tinkerer

How do i getting online in QEMU?

Post by psh »

Soooo, i recently getting online in Mac OS 9.2.1 with Classilla.
When i tried to find web browser for Mac OS X 10.1.5, i cannot since most of them were not working. How do i get online in QEMU?
adespoton
Forum All-Star

Re: How do i getting online in QEMU?

Post by adespoton »

psh wrote: Sun Jul 04, 2021 7:31 am Soooo, i recently getting online in Mac OS 9.2.1 with Classilla.
When i tried to find web browser for Mac OS X 10.1.5, i cannot since most of them were not working. How do i get online in QEMU?
You use Classilla. It works just fine under 10.1.5. If you want something else, you'll need TenFourFox, which supports 10.4 through 10.6. Everything prior to 10.4 has to use Classilla. This is due to those being the only browsers for PPC Macs that support TLS 2.0, which is what most of the web runs on now.

However, that's not "getting online" that's just browsing the web. There are native Hotline clients, Wired clients, KDX clients, FTP clients, etc. that still work just fine on 10.1.5.

That said: 10.1.5 is effectively beta software. The first stable version of OS X was 10.2.3. The most performant versions would be 10.3.6, 10.4.7, or 10.4.11 with some Quartz library patches.