[Android] Restarting requires Re-entering Volume/Rom

About BasiliskII, a 68k Mac emulator for Windows, MacOSX, and Linux that can run System 7.x through MacOS 8.1.

Moderators: Cat_7, Ronald P. Regensburg

hardly
Space Cadet

[Android] Restarting requires Re-entering Volume/Rom

Post by hardly »

Hello,

I'm trying to setup a system for my sons to play old educational cd-roms on.

I just set up System 7.5.5 and System 8.1 images in Windows and then copied them to Android. However, every time I quit the emulator and restart it, I have to remove and re-add all volumes and then reset the rom.

At first I thought this was an Android only problem, but I notice it happens on Windows occasionally too.

Making a backup of BasiliskII_prefs and then copying it before loading seems to solve the problem on Windows. I haven't tried setting it up and then making the file read-only but that will be my next step. Zapping the pram file also helps.

Any ideas why this happens?

I forgot to mention I'm using the 2010 base with 2015 updates on Windows, and the latest version of Baselisk II in the google play store.
hardly
Space Cadet

Re: [Android] Restarting requires Re-entering Volume/Rom

Post by hardly »

Well, I figured this one out myself.

1. The Android version of basilisk is very picky about where you put the volumes and roms. They should be in the actual application folder, not in a sub folder.

2. You cannot have any spaces in the file names! When Basilisk ii saves it trunctuates the file name at the space when it saves the prefs file it seems.

Cheers