Conflict: existing GTK+ installation and existing Cairo dll

About BasiliskII, a 68k Mac emulator for Windows, MacOSX, and Linux that can run System 7.x through MacOS 8.1.

Moderators: Cat_7, Ronald P. Regensburg

NonNull
Space Cadet

Conflict: existing GTK+ installation and existing Cairo dll

Post by NonNull »

I attempted to get Basilisk II working on Windows 10 64-bit. Followed instructions here,
https://www.emaculation.com/doku.php/basilisk_ii_setup
and got the 15-01-2010 build and then updated the exe in the usual way. SDL.dll is in the resulting folder.

When I attempted to install GTK+ from the installer here
http://www.emaculation.com/basilisk/gtk ... -setup.exe
it said there were a lot of filename collisions so I aborted installing. I already have a 64 bit GTK+ installed directly. And I have applications that use GTK+ (32-bit) dlls stored in the same folder as the executable in each case, with the executable on my PATH.

When I try to run BasiliskII.exe I get a dialog: "Unable to open ROM file". But there is a file "Mac OS ROM" present in the same folder. When I try to run BasiliskIIGUI.exe I get a dialog with "The procedure entry point __divmodi64 could not be located in the dynamic link library [...]" where the library is libcairo-2.dll and is in the folder containing one of the applications I mentioned above that's on my path.

Is there a way to work around this, e.g. by putting various GTK+ related dlls directly in the BasiliskII folder. I do not want to upset working applications.
Cat_7
Expert User

Re: Conflict: existing GTK+ installation and existing Cairo

Post by Cat_7 »

Hi,

There is no need for the GUI. You can edit the basilisk prefs file directly.
Enter the correct paths and names for disks and rom file in the prefs and save.
Then start BasiliskII.exe

Best,
Cat_7
24bit
Forum All-Star

Re: Conflict: existing GTK+ installation and existing Cairo

Post by 24bit »

IIRC Basilisk II Build 142 is running self content, no extra installations needed and with GUI. ;)
The downside is the pop up error about missing CD-ROM support and you can not access Mac CDs on a 64bit Windows.
However, Mac HD floppies can be written with Build 142 via USB floppy.