Basilisk II for macOS Quits on Start!

About BasiliskII, a 68k Mac emulator for Windows, MacOSX, and Linux that can run System 7.x through MacOS 8.1.

Moderators: Cat_7, Ronald P. Regensburg

fargo
Space Cadet

Basilisk II for macOS Quits on Start!

Post by fargo »

I downloaded the latest Basilisk II version (dated 12 Jan 2020) for macOS from https://www.emaculation.com/forum/viewt ... f=6&t=7361 along with the beta version of the GUI app.

The GUI app doesn't allow saving or running the emulator (both Save and Start buttons are disabled). The emulator application itself quits immediately after starting!

I followed the guide provided on this site but still can't figure out what's wrong here!
Ronald P. Regensburg
Expert User

Re: Basilisk II for macOS Quits on Start!

Post by Ronald P. Regensburg »

BasiliskII will not run unless at least a compatible rom file is configured in the GUI.

The Run button is not yet functional in this beta GUI application. (Instead, one can start BasiliskII directly.)

The Save button should be functional. If no prefs file is available yet, just running the GUI will create a prefs file with default settings but with no paths yet to files and shared folder. The text "Put an OS X path here to share it with Basilisk" should appear in the 'Unix Root' box.

- Is this a new installation on a machine (and user account) that did not run BasiliskII before?
- What is the macOS version on the host machine?
fargo
Space Cadet

Re: Basilisk II for macOS Quits on Start!

Post by fargo »

The problem caused by the path to the rom file, which was on a network share. I copied it locally and fixed the path. Everything is working now.

Thank you