Problems with MacOs753 installation

About BasiliskII, a 68k Mac emulator for Windows, MacOSX, and Linux that can run System 7.x through MacOS 8.1.

Moderators: Cat_7, Ronald P. Regensburg

RodCl
Space Cadet

Problems with MacOs753 installation

Post by RodCl »

Hi everyone,
this is my first post. I'm new to mac emulation and followed every step of the posted tutorial. My problem comes after i copied the 19 macOs753 files from the unix folder to installer parts. I cant install the Os after clickin the first file (smi). I get the following message: "System... ould not be opened, because the application program that created it could not be found. Anothe difference is that every mac os file (from the 19) have a .bin extension. I booted with the "DiskTools_MacOs8.image" and using the Performa Rom.
Any ideas would be welcomed.
Best Regards

RodCl
Ronald P. Regensburg
Expert User

Re: Problems with MacOs753 installation

Post by Ronald P. Regensburg »

You probably missed this instruction in the tutorial:
Take a look at the file names. If the first is named with a ”.smi” extension and the others with a ”.part” extension, you can skip the next step of double-clicking all files individually. Double-clicking the files will unpack them, leaving you with the double amount of files in the folder. When finished, remove the files not named with the “.smi” or “.part” extensions.
You need to do this in the shared folder before copying the files from the Unix folder to installer parts.
RodCl
Space Cadet

Re: Problems with MacOs753 installation

Post by RodCl »

Thanks, I misread a part of the tutorial. I had to uncompress the files.. Already solved it. Its running perfect now.
Best

Rodrigo