Can't get around to start with Basilisk

About BasiliskII, a 68k Mac emulator for Windows, MacOSX, and Linux that can run System 7.x through MacOS 8.1.

Moderators: Cat_7, Ronald P. Regensburg

jackidrude
Space Cadet

Can't get around to start with Basilisk

Post by jackidrude »

Hi! I am trying to make it work but I miserably fail, I need help.

First problem I encounter;
While I was following 'Running BasiliskIIGUI' Step 2, I am seeing the 'DiskTools_MacOS8.image how ever when I 'Create...' to make the file to install MacOS753 (created in the same name) and "InstallerParts" in respective name, it does not add it to the directory. What am I missing there I wonder?

emendelson
Forum All-Star

Re: Can't get around to start with Basilisk

Post by emendelson »

You didn't tell us the operating system that you're using or where you got BasiliskII. No one can help without that information.
Ronald P. Regensburg
Expert User

Post by Ronald P. Regensburg »

The Basilisk II GUI is still in beta. It will create the file, but it does not yet add it to the volumes list. You will need to use the "Add" button to add the newly created file to the volumes list.

(This limitation in this beta version is documented in the post with the download link: https://www.emaculation.com/forum/viewt ... =6&t=10454)
Last edited by Ronald P. Regensburg on Sat Jul 25, 2020 6:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason:  
jackidrude
Space Cadet

Post by jackidrude »

Thank you very much, now I have solved the problem and just having another one about not enough disk space :roll: I wrote it to a post as a follow up, thought it would be better helpful for others.
24bit
Forum All-Star

Post by 24bit »

If you are not familiar with creating (large) disk images, you may grab one here:
https://macintoshgarden.org/apps/disk-images-emulators
Best use something small like the 3GB image to keep things simple.