Clipboard support by emulators

About BasiliskII, a 68k Mac emulator for Windows, MacOSX, and Linux that can run System 7.x through MacOS 8.1.

Moderators: Cat_7, Ronald P. Regensburg

KnuddlMac
Granny Smith

Clipboard support by emulators

Post by KnuddlMac »

I am posting my question here in the BAII, despite it might be also relevant to other emulator chapters of this site:

Are there obvious differences of the clipboard support between different emulators (e.g. BAII, QEMU, Sheepshaver)?

I noticed that, 'inside' fences of the hosted OS, application of the clipboard usually works great. But clipboard output in direction of the hosting OS is different. For example I can't copy & paste from QEMU to the hosting OS. In another case (BAII), copy & paste of text sometimes works. I do recall once some pictures were also supported, but that might have been on a Windows BA more than a decade ago.

I am aware of the challenge copying data formats across clipboards of two operating systems. But could someone recommend an emulator with the most comprehensive clipboard support by experience?

Any input/hint welcome!
KnuddlMac
Granny Smith

Re: Clipboard support by emulators

Post by KnuddlMac »

For those who might have lookED into the same topic: So far just plain text (unformatted) works.
I do recall that there was once an approach to also support PICT and BMP. But maybe that was an ATARI-ST emulator. :lol:

My initial plan was solving (some stupid) things with AppleScript and the clipboard. But just plain TEXT is kinda odd.

solved or closed!