List of error codes

About BasiliskII, a 68k Mac emulator for Windows, MacOSX, and Linux that can run System 7.x through MacOS 8.1.

Moderators: Cat_7, Ronald P. Regensburg

starfiretbt
Mac Mechanic

List of error codes

Post by starfiretbt »

Is there a site where I can find a list of error codes and what they mean? For example "The application "unknown" has unexpectedly quit, because an error of type 4 occurred."

I have seen a site for mac osx https://krypted.com/lists/comprehensive ... ror-codes/ but they don't look the same as mine.

I also know of https://macintoshgarden.org/sites/macin ... jargon.pdf but its big and I can't find error codes, maybe I'm not searching for the right thing using ctrl f.

Also I'm not getting notified by email if someone helps me forcing me to bookmark my topics in question and return to them regularly. I check "notify me when reply is posted" and my email is up to date. Do I have to stay logged in using the "remember me" function on the site?
Ronald P. Regensburg
Expert User

Re: List of error codes

Post by Ronald P. Regensburg »

"Apple Error Codes '98" provides a pretty complete list of error descriptions. You can install it in the emulator.
Do not expect explanations in common language, nor solutions, but the descriptions may point you to possible causes of an error.

https://macintoshgarden.org/apps/apple-error-codes-98
Ronald P. Regensburg
Expert User

starfiretbt wrote: Fri Jan 22, 2021 11:52 pmAlso I'm not getting notified by email if someone helps me forcing me to bookmark my topics in question and return to them regularly. I check "notify me when reply is posted" and my email is up to date. Do I have to stay logged in using the "remember me" function on the site?
Checking the 'notify' box while posting should have the same result as using "Subscribe topic" in the top left when reading a topic. I never tried the feature as it is very easy to see when there are new posts in a particular topic. Maybe it is indeed broken and not yet discovered because no one used it. I will subscribe to a topic and see if I will be notified of a new post there. In your user control panel you can see your forum and topic subscriptions.
Ronald P. Regensburg
Expert User

About the email notifications: There is indeed an issue with the current version of the forum software. We changed the default package size setting for email. The issue should be solved now.

If you want notification by email, make sure that the Email box for "Someone replies to a topic to which you are subscribed" is checked in your User Control Panel > Board preferences > Edit notifications options