"Entry Point Not Found" error on 2021 Feb 6 build using WinXP

About BasiliskII, a 68k Mac emulator for Windows, MacOSX, and Linux that can run System 7.x through MacOS 8.1.

Moderators: Cat_7, Ronald P. Regensburg

ElsieThree
Space Cadet

"Entry Point Not Found" error on 2021 Feb 6 build using WinXP

Post by ElsieThree »

I have an older version of Basilisk II that I sought to upgrade to the latest 2021 Feb 6 build. Copied my old (now recovered, thankfully) HFV image and ROM file over to the new folder, but BasiliskIIGUI.exe and BasiliskII.exe throw an error when I try to start either one:

Code: Select all

The procedure entry point GetTickCount64 could not be located in the dynamic link library KERNEL32.dll.
I have no idea what this means, other than I searched "GetTickCount64" online and saw that it had something to do with incompatibility with systems below Vista. Are the newer builds no longer compatible with XP? It doesn't say so on the wiki, not that I could find. I only see sections on upgrading and copying over your old files, and at the bottom a section on 64-bit Windows compatibility. Nothing about minimum OS requirements. So I'm unsure if the 2020 and beyond builds have XP support disabled, as many other programs do.

Also, the laptop I'm using has a specialty version Windows Fundamentals for Legacy PCs, so is it possible some files on a regular XP aren't included, that the newer Basilisk II builds need to run? Or is it just a straight compatibility issue?
Cat_7
Expert User

Re: "Entry Point Not Found" error on 2021 Feb 6 build using WinXP

Post by Cat_7 »

Hi,

I have no definitive answer to the question which version of Windows is the minimum requirement for running these latest builds of Basilisk or SheepShaver.
But I would guess these builds require Windows 7 at least.

Best,
Cat_7