Start from SDL yields Mac message behind a "scratch-off" like white screen ?

About BasiliskII, a 68k Mac emulator for Windows, MacOSX, and Linux that can run System 7.x through MacOS 8.1.

Moderators: Cat_7, Ronald P. Regensburg

Lewis
Space Cadet

Start from SDL yields Mac message behind a "scratch-off" like white screen ?

Post by Lewis »

Dear Forum:

All I get after starting the GUI configuration on Galaxy J7 phone is a mostly white screen with the left side (1/5th) filled with typical Mac gray. If I swipe the surface the screen starts filling with lines and boxes and I can see a Mac dialog box starting to appear. The characters are too smudgey to see and it looks like there are multiple such dialogs piled up on one another.

What I put in:
Volume:
DiskTools_MacOS8.img first item
MacHDD.dsk , a 100 MB empty disk image 2nd item
next 16 items each install image disks 1 through 16 in android folder MacOS_7.5.3.img

ROM Mac IIci ROM (1989) named as Mac_OS.ROM NOT in SD card but in internal storage. I do not have an SD card.

Host FS I put ./

memory 32 MB RAM 68020 processor selected Mac IIci

screen mode 640 by 480 frame skip = 1 Internet = "slirp"

I suspect I'm going to have to find something I haven't found yet(if it exists?) DiskTookls_OS7.5.3 ? Thank You for your assistance Lewis

P.S. Maybe I'll need that SD card after all ? Thank You Lewis
adespoton
Forum All-Star

Re: Start from SDL yields Mac message behind a "scratch-off" like white screen ?

Post by adespoton »

Which build of Basilisk II are you using on your J7? What version of Android are you running? We mostly support desktop builds here, but if we know what you're using, someone might be able to assist.

It really sounds like your problem is with SDL and not with the emulator, as you're seeing graphics show up that indicate you've got a functional emulation environment, but you're not seeing it displayed properly on the screen.

The version we're focusing on here is Kanjitalk's SDL2 fork; it sounds like you're using something based on the older SDL1.2 code.
Lewis
Space Cadet

Re: Start from SDL yields Mac message behind a "scratch-off" like white screen ?

Post by Lewis »

Thank You very much Would you believe that just 20 minutes after the posting I found a solution ? I had originally thought the neccessary ROM size is 512 KB. But, experimenting(hacking) putting in 1 MB (68000/Power PC) ones made it work. Lewis