Need help running an ISO (HFS image) in BII

About BasiliskII, a 68k Mac emulator for Windows, MacOSX, and Linux that can run System 7.x through MacOS 8.1.

Moderators: Cat_7, Ronald P. Regensburg

PappaSlask
Space Cadet

Need help running an ISO (HFS image) in BII

Post by PappaSlask »

Hello everyone, I tried for many hours. But I can't seem to find a way to run this ISO file, which according to PowerISO is a Apple HFS image file, in BII. I also can't seem to extract the files from inside this ISO in my windows environment to add manually to Basilisk.

We're talking about the good old program called 3D Atlas 98 for Machintosh, a piece of software that I loved when I was a kid. But no matter what, I fail at making this program work. I tried adding the ISO under Volumes in BasiliskGUI, or adding the ISO directly to a virtual HDD using HEVExplorer won't work either, the MacOS inside BII doesn't know what to do with the ISO, and no new Volume shows up on the desktop inside macOS for the ISO. I tried everything and I'm now so very tired huhu :/

I run latest version of Basilisk II
1993-10 - FF7439EE - LC475,575,Quadra 605,Performa 475,476,575,577,578.ROM
RAM - 32mb
Mac IIci (MacOS 7.x)
CPU - 68030
MacOS 7.5.3

My specs:
Windows 10 x64

Help is appreciated a lot!
Cat_7
Expert User

Re: Need help running an ISO (HFS image) in BII

Post by Cat_7 »

Hi,

I just downloaded the 3d atlas iso from the garden site, and added it to the volumes list in the Basilisk GUI.
The cd appears on the desktop, I can install and run the program.

To test, I ran both System 7.5 and Mac OS 8.1 in Basilisk while using the quadra 800 rom.

If you did not get your iso from the macintosh garden site, perhaps try that one.

Best,
Cat_7
PappaSlask
Space Cadet

Re: Need help running an ISO (HFS image) in BII

Post by PappaSlask »

Thank you kindly for your reply. I don't know what happened, but I tested again to add the game ISO to Volumes in BasiliskGui and all of a sudden it shows up inside the OS. I tried to recreate the problem by back-tracking, tried to make so that the ISO didn't show up again, but I couldn't. It's very weird.

I'm just happy it's working as it should now. I spent countless of hours on this so I'm happy to finally have my nostalgia trip hehe.

Thanks again for the quick help. Cheers! :smile: