Get local IP of Mac OS 7.6.1 Guest

About BasiliskII, a 68k Mac emulator for Windows, MacOSX, and Linux that can run System 7.x through MacOS 8.1.

Moderators: Cat_7, Ronald P. Regensburg

swordlink1
Tinkerer

Get local IP of Mac OS 7.6.1 Guest

Post by swordlink1 »

I setup a FTP server using Better Telnet 2. I can use Fetch 2.1.2 to connect to it fine on the guest, but on the host with Filezilla, I can't connect to it because I can't get the local IP. I am using slirp. However I can connect to my Telnet server on my Ubuntu 18.04 VM by entering the local IP of it.
In my Mac OS 7.6.1, the TCP/IP says:
IP 10.0.2.15
Subnet 255.255.255.0
Router 10.0.2.2
Name Server 10.0.2.3
I tried connecting to my guest with 192.168.2.15, but it still didn't work. How do I get my guest local IP so I can connect to it on my host?
Edit: I tried connecting to my local IP, localhost, and 127.0.0.1, but it just said connection refused by server. I see nothing in the FTP log on my guest. I tried require username and password too and entered the username and password in on Filezilla, but it still didn't work.
If you need more info, tell me ;)
Cat_7
Expert User

Re: Get local IP of Mac OS 7.6.1 Guest

Post by Cat_7 »

Hi,

You run into the limitations of the slirp network option. There is no connection to the host.
You can either use a tap device connection to have access to your host network, or perhaps take a look a the redirection options in the guide.

Best,
Cat_7