Apeiron mouse problem

About BasiliskII, a 68k Mac emulator for Windows, MacOSX, and Linux that can run System 7.x through MacOS 8.1.

Moderators: Cat_7, Ronald P. Regensburg

Tooncinator
Student Driver

Apeiron mouse problem

Post by Tooncinator »

Hello, everyone.

I have a problem with a game I wish to run on Basilisk II. It is called Apeiron. I am running Basilisk II on a Windows 7 64-bit operating system.

When I try to run Apeiron, it plays the title card or whatever you want to call it (it says Apeiron in purple letters), but when I click, it says "Couldn't find a mouse device attached to the ADB chain. You are likely using a mouse substitute that is currently not supported by Apeiron."

I am sorry to bother you all with this, but it is crucial that I get this game to run. My grandmother loves it! Her old Mac broke down years ago and there hasn't been a suitable replacement since!

What can I do to fix the mouse problem?
Thanks!
adespoton
Forum All-Star

Re: Apeiron mouse problem

Post by adespoton »

I believe Aperion runs under Mini vMac and SheepShaver; you might want to try that, as BII mouse emulation isn't likely to change any time soon.

Although using a different OS may fix your problem.

Ambrosia advertises it as running under OS 9, so running SheepShaver with Mac OS 9.0.4 is probably your best bet.
Tooncinator
Student Driver

Post by Tooncinator »

Darn, looks like I will have to go find a copy of 9.0.4 after all.

Thank you for the answer!
24bit
Forum All-Star

Post by 24bit »

As posted above MiniVMac II may be worth a try.
SheepShaver may be way too fast for such oldies, though I did not try.
Usually there is a keyboard (asd...) config for such games too, but I´m too tired to explore this further right now.

MiniVMac II with MacOS 7.5 seems to be working so far.
Good luck!