help, lose rear window

About Mini vMac and all other 68k emulators, including SoftMac, Executor, and MESS.

Moderators: Cat_7, Ronald P. Regensburg

trexplorer
Tinkerer

help, lose rear window

Post by trexplorer »

This game is an based on some features of our real life economy : producing, buying, selling, making profit, expanding our bussiness, etc The main purpose of this games is getting rich All the rest
on food intolerances.) T he more severe your wit hdrawal symptoms, the m ore you s tand to gain 8 Hern WM. Abortion Practice. Philadelphia: J.B. Lipincott Company, 1990
Howdy y'all, I'm working field for the Stevens Miller for Delegate Campaign in Sterling, VA. We're one of the only remaining Democratic pick up opportunities in the state since most of the other chal
cally identicalto each other andhomozygous Tissue culture studies of the proliferative554 Mammalian Cell Culture Methods of homozygous diploid zebra fish (Brachydanio
Last edited by trexplorer on Tue Sep 07, 2010 12:42 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Mac Emu
Forum All-Star

Post by Mac Emu »

Which Linux distro are you installing MOL on? How are your partitions setup? What kind of Mac are you using? What Mac OS do you want to run on Linux?
trexplorer
Tinkerer

Post by trexplorer »

Mac Emu wrote:Which Linux distro are you installing MOL on? How are your partitions setup? What kind of Mac are you using? What Mac OS do you want to run on Linux?
I've been trying to get it running under OS X ...

Check out MOM at

http://www.inaddrany.com/mom/

http://lists.maconlinux.org/pipermail/m ... 03408.html

and MOL on OS X at:

http://www.macosx.com/forums/showthread ... ge=1&pp=15

I have an iMac G4 1.33 Ghz w OS X 10.3.7.

I haven't been able to get my 9.1 or 9.2 CD to boot yet (although they boot fine on my other Power Mac).

Cheers ...
Mac Emu
Forum All-Star

Post by Mac Emu »

Cool, I didn't know about MOM. Thanks!

Sorry, I only have a little experience setting up MOL and I no longer have a PPC Mac to try it out. :oops:

I'm trying to setup PearPC this morning. Maybe I'll try out MOM on PearPC someday soon (if it's possible). :P
trexplorer
Tinkerer

Post by trexplorer »

Mac Emu wrote:Cool, I didn't know about MOM. Thanks!

Sorry, I only have a little experience setting up MOL and I no longer have a PPC Mac to try it out. :oops:

I'm trying to setup PearPC this morning. Maybe I'll try out MOM on PearPC someday soon (if it's possible). :P
Should also check out:

http://www.mac-emu.net/forum/index.php?showtopic=1922

and download

http://darwinsoft.spymac.net/molosx.dmg.zip

I still haven't been able to get things running ....
trygvebw
Granny Smith

Re: Mac on Linux

Post by trygvebw »

Edit: i misunderstood...
Last edited by trygvebw on Tue Jan 25, 2005 7:45 pm, edited 2 times in total.
trexplorer
Tinkerer

Re: Mac on Linux

Post by trexplorer »

trygvebw wrote:
trexplorer wrote:Trying to install Mac on Linux (MOL) on my Mac ...

I have been trying to install rpm and other packages on OS X to allow for this but am inexperienced with Unix/Linux (especially on OS X) ...

Would appreciate instruction or reference to guides from anyone having experience.

I had little success with the guide on th MOL site.

Thanks
Which Linux distribution are you using on your mac?
I am trying to install on OS X (not linux) ... Thanks.
trexplorer
Tinkerer

Post by trexplorer »

Success ..... !!!

I finally got it to boot. I was having trouble with MOM recognizing any boot CD I used. For some reason after restarting recently, it started to work. The diffirence being an X11 window appeared where none had before.

Mac OS 9.1 and 9.2.1 and 9.2.2 boot fine. Haven't had a chance to try OS 9 but expect it will work.

The MolOS x GUI permits running of OS X on top of OS X and some other features. I'll try that next.

Will post some screen shots as soon as I figure how to do it on this forum (suggestions ?) ....

Cheers
trexplorer
Tinkerer

Post by trexplorer »

Very stable after handoff from MOL.

Also smoother and faster than SheepShaver on OS X (more stable too).

Similar spped to Classic emulation (maybe a bit faster - no benchmarks yet).

Unfortunately, no sound, networking (yet).
Mac Emu
Forum All-Star

Post by Mac Emu »

trexplorer sent me some screenshots he took of MOM.

Included are results of Apple Personal Diagnostics ran on SheepShaver running OS 8.6 and MOM running OS 9.2.1 on Mac OS X. Both the virtual machines are super fast on his system.

If he was able to run the Classic Environment (which he can't) it would be interesting to compare the APD results for it to the two emulators.
trexplorer
Tinkerer

Post by trexplorer »

Mac Emu wrote:trexplorer sent me some screenshots he took of MOM.

Included are results of Apple Personal Diagnostics ran on SheepShaver running OS 8.6 and MOM running OS 9.2.1 on Mac OS X. Both the virtual machines are super fast on his system.

If he was able to run the Classic Environment (which he can't) it would be interesting to compare the APD results for it to the two emulators.
Classic runs on my G4 (it's the only option Apple offered for OS 9.x), but APD will not run - Does anyone know of a version from Apple that does run on classic ?

By the way I am running Mac OS 9.2.2 which believe or not is significantly faster than 9.2.1 ...
CFran2
Mac Mechanic

Post by CFran2 »

anyone tried on PearPC? to sleepy to try, plus i'd have to rip that Mac OS 9.1 CD again...