CherryOS Released...

About Mini vMac and all other 68k emulators, including SoftMac, Executor, and MESS.

Moderators: Cat_7, Ronald P. Regensburg

willhart
Apple Corer

CherryOS Released...

Post by willhart »

...and it's a copy of PearPC. C:\CherryOS\AstroAMatro is the PearPC config file CherryOS uses, for all you familiar with PearPC.
danboarder
Space Cadet

hmm does not look good

Post by danboarder »

I installed the app, and it crashes before startup...

Here are a couple interesting links on this CherryOS release:

http://www.smashsworld.com/2005/03/cher ... review.php
"There's an EXE file called MainCherryOS.exe, which is the VB App they're using as a 'wrapper' to give their PearPC 'booty', if you will (joke), a Virtual PC-like feel..."

Slashdot thread on this release:
http://apple.slashdot.org/apple/05/03/0 ... =179&tid=3

From the above page: "A few minutes of hex searching revealed that Arben was not diligent enough in removing the embedded images from PearPC's code. In CherryOS.exe, at address hex 0xF9140, you'll find a PearPC gif (see attached link) that is the ChangeCD image used in PearPC (in the stable build I have, at address 0xA6330) (see second attached link). Any questions?"
Last edited by danboarder on Thu Mar 10, 2005 9:26 am, edited 2 times in total.
DittoBox
Tinkerer

Post by DittoBox »

Where's the source downloads?

If they don't show us the source and we know for a fact that it's pearpc I hope slashdot readers rape them for all their worth...something like that anyway.
trygvebw
Granny Smith

Post by trygvebw »

DittoBox wrote:Where's the source downloads?

If they don't show us the source and we know for a fact that it's pearpc I hope slashdot readers rape them for all their worth...something like that anyway.
:twisted: