Input Data on Softmac

About Mini vMac and all other 68k emulators, including SoftMac, Executor, and MESS.

Moderators: Cat_7, Ronald P. Regensburg

Mac Emu
Forum All-Star

Post by Mac Emu »

On the BasiliskIIGUI's General tab, do you have the ModelID set to 14, CPU set to 68040, and the FPU emulation enabled?

Do you know which version of Basilisk II you are running (Build 142 or a JIT version)?

BTW: You might find it interesting\instructive to download the Mac OS 7.5.3 disk images from Apple and install it on a new hard drive file. You may be missing some system software, though I don't think it would cause your current problem.

http://www.info.apple.com/support/older ... elist.html
Stephen Coates
Expert User

Post by Stephen Coates »

Doesn't apple's EULA say that you can't install the macos on an Apple labled computer?

If it does say that, all you have to do is print out the apple logo and stick it to your computer over the manufacturers name. Then you will have an apple labled computer. (could this also count as having an apple branded computer?)
kendall14
Student Driver

Post by kendall14 »

Mac Emu wrote:On the BasiliskIIGUI's General tab, do you have the ModelID set to 14, CPU set to 68040, and the FPU emulation enabled?

Do you know which version of Basilisk II you are running (Build 142 or a JIT version)?

BTW: You might find it interesting\instructive to download the Mac OS 7.5.3 disk images from Apple and install it on a new hard drive file. You may be missing some system software, though I don't think it would cause your current problem.

http://www.info.apple.com/support/older ... elist.html
I have them all except the ModelID because the rom its running is a MAC LC II. Could that be why?
kendall14
Student Driver

Post by kendall14 »

Nevermind I set it to 12 and it still works even though it is a Mac LC II. Thanks.
ataxy
Master Emulator

Post by ataxy »

Stephen Coates wrote:Doesn't apple's EULA say that you can't install the macos on an Apple labled computer?

If it does say that, all you have to do is print out the apple logo and stick it to your computer over the manufacturers name. Then you will have an apple labled computer. (could this also count as having an apple branded computer?)
lol
Stephen Coates
Expert User

Post by Stephen Coates »

I think I read that in some vMac readme or FAQ or something a while back.

You should be able to set the machine ID regardless of what ROM you are using.
Mac Emu
Forum All-Star

Post by Mac Emu »

Lauri Pesonen, the original B2 Windows porter says to use ID 14 no matter what 1 MB ROM you are using as it is the only ID that has been fully tested\implemented by him.

But if you use a 512K ROM, it's a different story.
kendall14
Student Driver

Post by kendall14 »

It is a 512kb rom (probly should have said that :roll: ) but I have had no problem on 12 and it's running faster than ever. :mrgreen: