Fusion PC in WinXP

About Mini vMac and all other 68k emulators, including SoftMac, Executor, and MESS.

Moderators: Cat_7, Ronald P. Regensburg

Fusion PC in WinXP

Post by Guest »

I tried running Fusion 3.0 from within a Dos-Box. I've setup a few params including ROM image (using a Quadra ROM, works fine in Basilisk II) and Video (tried all included drivers). Fusion either gives a messed up screen or an exception error message.

I have disabled floppy, network, sound and SCSI (as I don't have any DOS-ASPI installed).

I have tried a working OS75 hardfile from Basilisk II (do they use the same image format?), giving the same result as a blank created hardfile.

If it's possible, how do I setup Fusion PC correctly within WinXP?
Mac Emu
Forum All-Star

Post by Mac Emu »

No one but the original developer and this guy have claimed to get Fusion PC to work under NT4/Win2k/WinXP. Unfortunately, Fusion PC requires DOS/Win9x/WinMe to run. I always keep a partition on my hard drives with an OS compatible with Fusion.
The Balance Of Judgement
Apple Corer

Compatibility Mode

Post by The Balance Of Judgement »

Don't forget XP's compatibility mode. This might help...and of course, perhaps some tweaking..I've never tried it, I'm just saying Microsoft supposedly has made it better... :roll:

Post by Guest »

Aha. Ok, I guess I'll just have to stick to Basilisk II. Seems to be alot more comfortable than the Fusion series, and if I want to use HyperCard stacks with dissolve effects I can still use SoftMac. Just searching for a gap filler here.
Neospy
Mac Mechanic

Wait.....

Post by Neospy »

If you have to have a dos box, get this http://dosbox.sourceforge.net/news.php?show_news=1 Ho[pe this helps! :wink:

>Neospy 8)
pkokic
Space Cadet

FusionPC in VirtualPC with DOS

Post by pkokic »

Hi,

I just managed to get FusionPC 3.0 running on Windows XP by installing it in DOS 6.30 within Virtual PC for windows. It runs quite slowly, but the sound and support for floppies and CD ROMS all seems to work as it should.

Given that VirtualPC for windows is now available for free from microsoft's website, I thought that some others out there may be interested in trying this out. If you don't have DOS it may also work using windows 95 or 98 instead.

Phil