Executor Setup Guide

About Mini vMac and all other 68k emulators, including SoftMac, Executor, and MESS.

Moderators: Cat_7, Ronald P. Regensburg

ClockWise
Site Admin

Executor Setup Guide

Post by ClockWise »

It's about ten years too late, but here's a little setup guide for ARDI's Executor:

http://emaculation.com/doku.php/executor_setup

Like everything else on this website, it is currently a rough draft. Let me know if you guys find any problems.

(Fun fact: I was 11 years old when Executor 1.0 was released).
ClockWise
Site Admin

Post by ClockWise »

Changed: disk images need to be of the extension .HFV. .HFX files and everything else won't be picked up in the Browser.
ClockWise
Site Admin

Re: Executor Setup Guide

Post by ClockWise »

I updated the guide a little bit. For the first time in twelve years.

Executor still runs in Windows. Makehfv doesn't work anymore, but I guess people can easily create disk images in the Basilisk II GUI or in HFVexplorer.

It is probably necessary for most people to "run as administrator" in newer versions of Windows 10 when entering the registration code for the first time.

It may also be necessary to "run as administrator" for the emulator to maintain a backup state, but I don't really know anything about how that works.
adespoton
Forum All-Star

Post by adespoton »

Well... I've been attempting to set up Executor 2000 on Big Sur. And I've come across my repeated bane of compilation: Qt5. No matter what I do, I can't seem to make cmake find the Qt5 libraries and makefiles, and I've got both homebrew Qt5 and the App-based Qt5 installed.

Anyone got any suggestions? I tried duplicating what the devs did to get SDL working, but it still couldn't find the correct location.
ClockWise
Site Admin

Post by ClockWise »

I don't know what to suggest, but did you try the builds I linked to in the other Executor 2000 topic here?
adespoton wrote: Mon Nov 30, 2020 4:37 am Well... I've been attempting to set up Executor 2000 on Big Sur. And I've come across my repeated bane of compilation: Qt5. No matter what I do, I can't seem to make cmake find the Qt5 libraries and makefiles, and I've got both homebrew Qt5 and the App-based Qt5 installed.

Anyone got any suggestions? I tried duplicating what the devs did to get SDL working, but it still couldn't find the correct location.
WizKid
Tinkerer

Post by WizKid »

Maybe one should compile a variant with the 24bit support compiled instead, and add it to the list?
adespoton
Forum All-Star

Post by adespoton »

WizKid wrote: Wed Dec 02, 2020 4:47 pm Maybe one should compile a variant with the 24bit support compiled instead, and add it to the list?
That was on my list of to-dos, but first I need to get cmake to find one of my Qt5 installs. I'll have to check the builds in the other thread to see how current they are and how much of the 24 bit software works on them without tweaks.