Help! I want to get an old program running on mini vMac

About Mini vMac and all other 68k emulators, including SoftMac, Executor, and MESS.

Moderators: Cat_7, Ronald P. Regensburg

jazzkingrt
Space Cadet

Help! I want to get an old program running on mini vMac

Post by jazzkingrt »

Hi all! I've just started using mini vMac, and though I've been able to incorporate certain applications from packs such as the ones found on http://www.geocities.com/basicman10549 , I can't find a way to incorporate a program called Deluxe Music Construction Set, which I am trying to get working for my math teacher who used to use it on his old mac, which was either system 6 or 7. I have found an ADF file for DMCS online, but I don't think that it is the Macintosh version, since DMCS was also run on Commodore 64, among others. At any rate, how would I go about getting this program onto Mini vMac? If I can't find the files online, could I use my math teacher's floppy(ies) of this program to get the program onto Mini vMac? Perhaps I should use a different emulation software? Thanks in advance for your help.
ClockWise
Site Admin

Post by ClockWise »

Not sure what you are asking.

If you find the files online, you can get them into Mini vMac very easily. If you are using the Windows version of Mini vMac, here are some instructions:

http://emaculation.com/doku.php/mini_vmac_setup

Check out the "HFV Explorer" section for notes on bringing things in and out of the hard disk image you are using with Mini vMac.

If you are using the Mac OS X version of the program, click around the official Mini vMac site for some tips.

Reading the Mac floppies could be difficult. The 400k and 800k floppies used by the Mac Plus can't be read on your modern computer, no matter what the emulator. I think that 1.44 MB floppies can be read by another emulator, called Basilisk II. Someone else will have to comment on this. I haven't had a computer with a floppy disk drive in a decade... so I cannot test any of this out.