vMACE

About Mini vMac and all other 68k emulators, including SoftMac, Executor, and MESS.

Moderators: Cat_7, Ronald P. Regensburg

fanman93
Granny Smith

vMACE

Post by fanman93 »

Had anyone ever heard of this? I stumbled across this project while searching for something completely different. It's a dead project, but it could have really gone somewhere. The author was also working on MMU support for Basilisk II to be able to run A/UX.

http://pmace.sourceforge.net/vmace.html
ClockWise
Site Admin

Post by ClockWise »

I think that has been mentioned on the forum a few times. But nothing has come of it, I suppose.

MACE, by the way, was a romless emulator developed but never finished, by Weston Pawlowski, who wrote the Windows port of the original vMac.

Maybe you should send an email to the vMACE developer and ask if he has anything to share... or let him know that there is STILL a strong interest in the emulator.
fanman93
Granny Smith

Post by fanman93 »

E-mail sent! It may be a little while before we hear back, however.
Jorpho
Master Emulator

Post by Jorpho »

Sounds a little like ARDI's old "Carbonless Copies" concept. I'd been thinking that it was something that could be further developed now that the source code is available and compilable. I guess the last MACE update pre-dates the reorganization of that source code release?
McIntosh
Tinkerer

re: vMACE

Post by McIntosh »

Hey, I'll stand by until the email returns to you