Shufflepuck Cafè for vMac (...)

About Mini vMac and all other 68k emulators, including SoftMac, Executor, and MESS.

Moderators: Cat_7, Ronald P. Regensburg

FabTheZen
Student Driver

Shufflepuck Cafè for vMac (...)

Post by FabTheZen »

Hello again, I'm opening this thread because I haven't found anything similar into this forum.

My main intent in getting into "ancient" mac OS systems was to play this game, Shufflepuck Cafè.
I found it very fun and exciting to get Mac OS 9 running on my 1920x1080 screen!

OK, all my excitement was already expressed in my previous post in the SheepShaver forum, let's go to the point

I put with HFVexplorer (emulated with CrossOver) the Stuffit expander into my emulated HDD, and my game in the ".sit" format. I successfully install stuffit but when I have to extract my game from the archive it says that there's no such application to open the file (the application is busy or missing)

Now I ask you, could it be because the file I downloaded (from Macintosh Garden) is compressed with a newer stuffit?
Thanks in advance.

FabTheZen
ClockWise
Site Admin

Post by ClockWise »

That might be the case. You already have SheepShaver up and running, I understand.

Unstuff the file in SheepShaver using Stuffit 5.5 or later and then just load that hard disk in Mini vMac after it has already booted up. Then run the program.

Yes, you can load the hard disk image from SheepShaver in Mini vMac. Just don't try to boot from it!

Also: You don't need to use HFV Explorer in OS X! Just use "ImportFL" and "ExportFL" from the Mini vMac page:

http://minivmac.sourceforge.net/extras/index.html
FabTheZen
Student Driver

Post by FabTheZen »

Thank you so much this works!!

I have to learn from you, thanks.

FabTheZen
ClockWise
Site Admin

Post by ClockWise »

Glad to hear it all worked out for you. Enjoy your game. We keep a collection of System 6 classics here on the site... so if you have any other favorites, please let us know about them!
FabTheZen
Student Driver

Post by FabTheZen »

oh there's a lot of good games, but I haven't found Shufflepuck cafe on your archive...

However it's so cool to have OSX, OS9 and System 6 all in one machine, and they can share the info easily :P

Thanks again, and can you tell me where are the games here?

FabTheZen
ClockWise
Site Admin

Post by ClockWise »

Here are a collection of disk images that can be mounted in Mini vMac:

http://www.emaculation.com/doku.php/system_6_hell

Each disk image (one for each letter of the alphabet) contains games and applications. All are from the 1980s and all run in System 6.

Shufflepuck is not included because it is a commercial application. We only archive shareware and freeware titles.
FabTheZen
Student Driver

Post by FabTheZen »

Oh man I totally forgot to thank you, sorry and THANKS!!!

I took a look in these forums again to see how things are going here, glad you keep this forum up so well!
Things with my emulators are going so well that I don't have any problem at all, I could never stop to thank you, I swear I thought emulating old macs on newer systems was just impossible.

See you! :wink:
ClockWise
Site Admin

Post by ClockWise »

Hi! Thanks for coming back to the forum. Don't be a stranger!

Shufflepuck Cafe is on Macintosh Garden, by the way:

http://www.macintoshgarden.org/

And that "System 6 Hell" collection I linked to above is updated regularly.