New Mini vMac Snapshot: April 10

About Mini vMac and all other 68k emulators, including SoftMac, Executor, and MESS.

Moderators: Cat_7, Ronald P. Regensburg

ClockWise
Site Admin

New Mini vMac Snapshot: April 10

Post by ClockWise »

There's a new snapshot of Mini vMac avaiable:

http://minivmac.sourceforge.net/

Part of the description:

"The latest Development source snapshot may fix a very long standing issue in the OS X version. Mini vMac tells the operating system to hide the cursor when it is over the emulator window, but sometimes the operating system shows the cursor again by itself. The most easily reproducible such situation is when the computer goes to sleep and wakes up. In OS X 10.3 and later, there is a way to tell if the cursor is visible, the "CGCursorIsVisible" routine, but it is not always accurate. So a previous attempt to use this routine to correct cursor visibility just made things worse. Now I think I've figured out how to use this routine without getting permanently confused when it is inaccurate.

By the way, after observing for a while the behavior of Mini vMac versions with and without the attempted fix (in the February 20 snapshot) for problems when switching screens in OS X, I'm fairly confident the fix is effective.

By request, Mini vMac will now by default mount disk images in Disk Copy 4.2 format as read only. This is because by default Mini vMac ignores the checksum and tags of this format, so writing to the image makes it invalid. Mini vMac can be compiled with full support for this format, in which case the images will be writable.

I have created a utility, CnvtDC42, that converts Disk Copy 4.2 format images to a new image without the tags and checksums, that the default version of Mini vMac can write to. "
Silent Flamer
Master Emulator

Post by Silent Flamer »

Nice . Never seen Mac OS 10.6 in such a small resolution . Looks like a monitor as small as the ones used for the IIci is used for the Mac Mini .