Welcome back...Mini vMac Applications Site

About Mini vMac and all other 68k emulators, including SoftMac, Executor, and MESS.

Moderators: Cat_7, Ronald P. Regensburg

sheepmyshaver123
Granny Smith

Welcome back...Mini vMac Applications Site

Post by sheepmyshaver123 »

After two years of inactivity, the vMac Applications Site is now gone and it has become Mini vMac Applications Site! This is the sequel of the old vMac Applications site.

We will add new guides and disks every month, so please be patient!

What is Mini vMac Applications Site?:

Mini vMac Applications site is the newest resource site dedicated for Mini vMac. It was the spinoff of vMac Applications site, leaving dead alive all over again. This site has the disk images, tools, guides, and building instructions. It was founded by Sheepmyshaver123 with the co-founder of iCassietamiko96 in 2011.

History of MVAS:

Well this story starts with the unknown person, he started vMac Applications Site in 1997-1998. The concept is the the essential companion to vMac, the world's first free Macintosh Emulator. It serves the boot disks, applications, and games. Unfortunately, this site has left defunct and no longer updated.

At the time, BASICman, new owner of VAS re-creates vMac Applications Site in 2002, features new boot disks and new tweaks. However, the Apps2.zip, remains lost from the old VAS. It was hosted at GeoCities (until 2009) and Jonese website. Today, these sites are no longer active anymore.

In 2009, I re-created the vMac Applications site via freevar web hosting. I've planned to upload the Applications Disk 5, 6, 7, and 8, System 7.5 Installer Disks, and the System 7.5.1 boot disk, but due for the personal timescale, I've not uploaded these, leaving the list not updated. Today, this site is still accessible, new disks are not available at the moment.

In 2011, I created the Mini vMac Applications site using Google Sites, no longer VAS. This also includes the references how to use Mini vMac, compiling instructions, and new disks, some of them are reused from the original VAS.
Last edited by sheepmyshaver123 on Fri Oct 28, 2011 2:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
Silent Flamer
Master Emulator

Post by Silent Flamer »

Grammar fixing :

After two years of inactivity , the vMac Applications Site is now gone , and it has become the Mini vMac Applications Site! This is the sequel of the old vMac Applications Site .

We will add new guides and disks every month , so please be patient!

Also , I think you shouldn't call it a sequel . First , because it's a website . Second , you said the the vMac Applications Site was remodified into the Mini vMac Applications Site . Therefore , it's more like you modified the site or you deleted the site and made a new one at the same address .

Otherwise , the site's doing great!
sheepmyshaver123
Granny Smith

Silent Flamer wrote:Grammar fixing :

After two years of inactivity , the vMac Applications Site is now gone , and it has become the Mini vMac Applications Site! This is the sequel of the old vMac Applications Site .

We will add new guides and disks every month , so please be patient!

Also , I think you shouldn't call it a sequel . First , because it's a website . Second , you said the the vMac Applications Site was remodified into the Mini vMac Applications Site . Therefore , it's more like you modified the site or you deleted the site and made a new one at the same address .

Otherwise , the site's doing great!
Thank you for pointing that. I will add new disks soon.
sheepmyshaver123
Granny Smith

New update this Halloween :twisted: . There are: Three new Games disks, two new Applications disks, System 6.0.8 disks (not Boot Disk), System 7.5 disks, and ClarisWorks 3.0 disks.
sheepmyshaver123
Granny Smith

Re: Welcome back...Mini vMac Applications Site

And now, new disks has been added. Check it out!
Sheepmyshaver123, the mankind of technology forever!

"On May 15th, Fortuna Wave will introduce Sheepmyshaver123. And you'll see why 2009 won't be like '1984.'"
sheepmyshaver123
Granny Smith

Okay, after one year of hiatus, I have noticed that my Mini vMac Applications Site will be closed this October. Why I close this site? Because I have many (and some) of free time for my other projects and life. You will see the theme will turn blue. Starting 1st October 2013, all of the files and guides will be gone and the site "sheepmyshaver123" is no longer valid. This site started in 2011 as a basic site for hosting my Macintosh files via MediaFire (until 28th August 2012) and then becomes MVAS.

So this is a bad news. But I have some good news too! All of the Mini vMac Applications Site disks, guides, and more will be a part of my upcoming project called The New Macintosh Emulation Station with me and TrustBA which is the sequel of the old Macintosh Emulation Station created by Jim Watters because the original site have defunct as of 2009.

"On May 15th, Fortuna Wave will introduce Sheepmyshaver123. And you'll see why 2009 won't be like '1984.'"
adespoton
Forum All-Star

Post by adespoton »

Just let me know if you decide to start "The New Emulation.net" as I gave all that stuff to Mac EmuScene (now MacScene) years ago, and it's now rolled in to there and archive.vg. As for the software itself, you may want to coordinate with the macintosh garden; I believe the archive is curated with mini vmac flags as one of the features.
ClockWise
Site Admin

Post by ClockWise »

Did you write the Basilisk II setup guide that was on emulation.net? It was great!
adespoton
Forum All-Star

Post by adespoton »

It's been so long that I really can't remember; there were a LOT of us generating content; John Stiles was the original owner and maintainer; I first came on board to do the emulator news updates, and later took over site management when John got too involved in other projects (like writing the Mac version of World of Warcraft and his other work for Blizzard).

Interestingly, it looks like the guys at komkon.org have resurrected the old archive from before we migrated everything to victoly.com (after the emulation.net domain expired and was lost). This could be useful for anyone wanting to run emulators inside your Mac emulator ;)
sheepmyshaver123
Granny Smith

We're sorry that this site has been closed, however you can download the disk images here. The disk images will become a part of The New Macintosh Emulation Station in the future. The sub-domain name "sheepmyshaver123" from Google Sites will be removed next week.