Mini vMac Site Update: November 21

About Mini vMac and all other 68k emulators, including SoftMac, Executor, and MESS.

Moderators: Cat_7, Ronald P. Regensburg

ClockWise
Site Admin

Mini vMac Site Update: November 21

Post by ClockWise »

No new version, but a very nice update to the site:

"Todays starts a free beta period of a revised Mini vMac Variations service. The concept now is that I'll make custom made variations, for a small fee, to help support Mini vMac development. Instead of the previous idea of activations codes, you are permitted and encouraged to redistribute your variations. Which I think is more compatible with the goals of the Gryphel project, and open source generally. Previous work for the earlier variations service I think now makes it feasible to build large numbers of custom variations, in batches.

I've updated the Mini vMac 3.2.3 documentation from the list of changes, which gets it closer to the official release. The example variations are more accessible, from the Options page.

In other news, I've resigned from recent paid work to have more time for Mini vMac, and the Gryphel project."

http://minivmac.sourceforge.net/
ClockWise
Site Admin

Re: Mini vMac Site Update: November 21

Post by ClockWise »

A little update posted November 28:

http://minivmac.sourceforge.net/

The first batch of custom variations have been posted. Go exploring and see if any of them might come in handy!
Last edited by ClockWise on Mon Nov 28, 2011 11:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason:  
gryphel
Nice Guy

Post by gryphel »

ClockWise wrote:Go exploring and see if any of them might come in handy!
And if you'd like a different variation, at the moment you need only ask.
ClockWise
Site Admin

Post by ClockWise »

I requested a build. :) I requested a build with 32 drives and with the default speed set to 1x.

I presume that it will work on my 64 bit Ubuntu. Though the build I described in the other topic did not work, the Linux build that you provide on your site does work.
sheepmyshaver123
Granny Smith

Post by sheepmyshaver123 »

Yes, my variations of Mini vMac is compiled. I will upload soon to MF if you can.
Sheepmyshaver123, the mankind of technology forever!

"On May 15th, Fortuna Wave will introduce Sheepmyshaver123. And you'll see why 2009 won't be like '1984.'"
gryphel
Nice Guy

Post by gryphel »

ClockWise wrote:I requested a build. :) I requested a build with 32 drives and with the default speed set to 1x.
Your custom variation is available:
http://minivmac.sourceforge.net/doc-3.2/cust/b1.html

The beta is over and Custom Variations are now live. Thank you for participating.
ClockWise wrote:I presume that it will work on my 64 bit Ubuntu. Though the build I described in the other topic did not work, the Linux build that you provide on your site does work.
I've been trying out a number of 64 bit Linux distributions, and it seems that 32 bit binaries do not always work by default. I think in some distributions you need to load packages to get them to work.

So I'm considering providing 64 bit Linux binaries, even though currently they are much slower than the 32 bit (for lack of assembly language tweaking). I'm currently leaning towards compiling on Ubuntu 10.04 LTS. The resulting binaries seemed to work in the other modern 64 bit distributions I've tried.