can't mount HFS volumes in Mavericks using Fuse HFS

About Mini vMac and all other 68k emulators, including SoftMac, Executor, and MESS.

Moderators: Cat_7, Ronald P. Regensburg

simX
Space Cadet

Re: can't mount HFS volumes in Mavericks using Fuse HFS

Post by simX »

sshfs appears to work properly. Also, the release notes for OSXFUSE 2.8.2 on the project website mentions fixes for OS X 10.11, implying that it should work without problems.

I would really rather not disable SIP at all to use Fuse HFS. I use Mini vMac too, but I need to be able to create/write to HFS disks in order to move stuff into Mini vMac.

I did find this other post regarding HFS Disk Maker, which works great! So I'm not too in need of Fuse HFS anymore. :)
joelc
Student Driver

Post by joelc »

I see, OS X FUSE has already been updated then. That's nice, because I rely on sshfs myself.

I'm sorry to say that this problem will have to wait until I get a new machine. My 2008 MBP is hanging in there with Mavericks, but just barely, and it is past time for a replacement. In the mean time, certainly there are those other options, and any details people can gather about the problem may help me figure it out when I'm able to test it myself.
adespoton
Forum All-Star

Post by adespoton »

simX wrote:sshfs appears to work properly. Also, the release notes for OSXFUSE 2.8.2 on the project website mentions fixes for OS X 10.11, implying that it should work without problems.

I would really rather not disable SIP at all to use Fuse HFS. I use Mini vMac too, but I need to be able to create/write to HFS disks in order to move stuff into Mini vMac.

I did find this other post regarding HFS Disk Maker, which works great! So I'm not too in need of Fuse HFS anymore. :)
Mini vMac has a bunch of extras that turn it into a utility for managing disk images among other things: http://www.gryphel.com/c/minivmac/extras/index.html
adespoton
Forum All-Star

Post by adespoton »

Anyone have Fuse HFS working under 10.14? I get project warnings when I try to build.