FusionPC and USB Thumbdrives?

About Mini vMac and all other 68k emulators, including SoftMac, Executor, and MESS.

Moderators: Cat_7, Ronald P. Regensburg

24bit
Forum All-Star

FusionPC and USB Thumbdrives?

Post by 24bit »

I beefed up my PentiumIII a bit with a better AGP card and display, also added generic USB drivers to the W98SE host.
Does anybody know as to how or where a thumb drive could be added, so that FusionPC would access it via PC-Exchange?
I presume DOS formatted SCSI removables would have worked with PC-Exchange like they did with real Macs.
A thumb drive is seen in FusionPCs setup, but the emulator refuses to boot, if the drive is added in the SCSI settings. :sad:

I´m running FusionPC from Windows and did not install USB drivers for DOS so far.
I read about USB-ASPI for DOS somewhere, does anybody recall?
UbuntuXP
Tinkerer

Re: FusionPC and USB Thumbdrives?

Post by UbuntuXP »

I know there are USB drivers for DOS, though I never got them to work. Accessing USB devices from a DOS program through Windows 98 wouldn't work I think, but my Windows 98SE machine died a few months ago. :sad:
"Unix was not designed to stop you from doing stupid things, because that would also stop you from doing clever things."

Doug Gwyn
24bit
Forum All-Star

Post by 24bit »

I was presuming that not many WIN9X rigs would be up and running. :(
Even less with FusionPC 3.0, though the emulator was great methinks.

It should be possible to set up Fusion in DOS and use USB2ASPI and ASPI for DOS.
Unfortunately I forgot the little I knew about DOS configuration and the result may not be worth the hassle.
I am curious whether anybody tried to fool Fusion using a USB thumb drive via the SCSI settings.
Cat_7
Expert User

Post by Cat_7 »

24bit
Forum All-Star

Post by 24bit »

Certainly!
If anybody would put the pieces together.

I looked at my setup in DOS and cant even seem to get the screen colors right.
Maybe my flea market Powercolor ATI9250 is not fully VESA compatible.
I cant expect much for EUR 2,50 I presume. I might find another one - NV is probably better.