I bought Tiger!

[ARCHIVED] About PearPC, a mostly obsolete PPC Mac emulator for Windows and Linux to run MacOS X 10.1 up to 10.4. Using QEMU is now recommended.

Moderators: Cat_7, Ronald P. Regensburg

CaptainValor
Forum All-Star

I bought Tiger!

Post by CaptainValor »

$109 on sale at Fry's Electronics this past Friday :mrgreen:

Ok, so I know to some of you it may seem quite odd that I don't own a single Mac, and I bought Tiger. But I'm sharing it with some friends of mine who own Macs, so it's all good.

Anyways, I've ripped the DVD as a .ISO and I have it on my HD. What do I need to install this bad boy? I'd like to upgrade my existing 10.3.9 installation without destroying the configuration or the files. Anything you guys would suggest before I get started?
DittoBox
Tinkerer

Post by DittoBox »

Now you're somewhat legal. :P

If you follow the DMCA it's possibly illegal to run OSX on anything but Mac hardware. That and sharing it with your friends is considered piracy too, but IHMO (not a lawyer, so don't listen to me, and technically it's still illegal) it's OK to share it for experimentation purposes...hey one you might buy a mac...or all of you!

Have fun!
CaptainValor
Forum All-Star

Post by CaptainValor »

It was my understanding that since Apple didn't put any copy protection system in place, they didn't mind such sharing. That was how I got Panther, after all. :?
ali
Student Driver

Post by ali »

Anyways, I've ripped the DVD as a .ISO and I have it on my HD. What do I need to install this bad boy? I'd like to upgrade my existing 10.3.9 installation without destroying the configuration or the files. Anything you guys would suggest before I get started?
I think its the best guide all around the world!
http://www.emaculation.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=2698
Good Luck
Cat_7
Expert User

Post by Cat_7 »

Hey, thank you!

:lol:
Yukon Kid
Mac Mechanic

Post by Yukon Kid »

yeah well i bought tiger too.
it works great in my G5.
and are you aware that there is a family license for multiple users?
might make you even closer to legal...hehehe