Master of Orion II - Battle at Antares - strange thing...

About SheepShaver, a PPC Mac emulator for Windows, MacOS X, and Linux that can run System 7.5.3 to MacOS 9.0.4.

Moderators: Cat_7, Ronald P. Regensburg, ClockWise

OSH
Student Driver

Master of Orion II - Battle at Antares - strange thing...

Post by OSH »

Well, I can't understand something. I've tried install MOO II. I've selected volume, option"large install" is checked, and installation starts. After completing, I see two directories on disk "Master of Orion II" and "MOO data". I've opened first directory, launch MOO, and I've got a message "MOO Data Path not found. Please reinstall Orion ]["
I've tested this installation under MacOS 9.0.4, and MacOS 8.6 under Sheepshaver and MacOS 7.5.3, 7.5.5 and 7.6.1 under Basilisk II and even Shapeshifter on Amiga. Only under MacOS 8.6 installer create ONE directory called "Master of Orion II", which consist directory "MOO Data" also, and the game works ok. Can somebody tell me, why in all other cases installer creates two separate directories, which make impossible to launch this game?

And now, thanks Attilla from Macintosh Garden, I know what's up...

"BTW, this doesn't like to be installed on secondary disk partitions. Install it on the first partition, with your System folder, and if you want you can copy it elsewhere and delete the original. The installer makes some kind of path name error otherwise."