OS X services to paste text into SheepShaver

About SheepShaver, a PPC Mac emulator for Windows, MacOS X, and Linux that can run System 7.5.3 to MacOS 9.0.4.

Moderators: Cat_7, Ronald P. Regensburg, ClockWise

emendelson
Forum All-Star

OS X services to paste text into SheepShaver

Post by emendelson »

I've written some AppleScript-based Automator "services" that let you select text in an OS X application (e.g. Safari), ctrl-click the text, choose Services->Paste Text into SheepShaver, and the text will be pasted into the application that's open in SheepShaver.

Versions for OS X 10.7 and 10.8 may be found here:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/271 ... rvices.zip

Versions for 10.6 may be found here:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/271 ... ces106.zip

To install under 10.7 or 10.8, simply double-click and select Install. There are four services: two paste formatted text (if possible), two paste plain text. Each comes in two varieties: one that pastes into SheepShaver and then leaves SheepShaver as the frontmost application, the other that pastes into SheepShaver and then returns to the application where you started.

To install under 10.6, copy one or both services into your user Library/Services folder. Under 10.6, the services only paste plain text, not formatted text, because of limitations in 10.6.

Please don't waste bandwidth posting replies saying that you can do the same thing with Cmd-C, Alt-Tab, Cmd-V, because everyone on this forum already knows that. Also, please don't waste bandwidth posting a message saying that you don't need these things. I don't need them either; no one needs them; I'm posting them only in case someone finds them useful.

If they don't work properly on your system, however, please do post a message explaining exactly what goes wrong, what version of OS X you are using, what version of SheepShaver, what application you are using in SheepShaver, etc., etc. I will try to fix the problem if possible.