Built-in Memory allocation in Chubby Bunny

About unsupported SheepShaver configurations, like COI (Chubby Bunny), SheepShaver Wrapper, etc.

Moderators: Cat_7, Ronald P. Regensburg

ffh
Space Cadet

Built-in Memory allocation in Chubby Bunny

Post by ffh »

hello

Is there a way to increase the built-in memory in Sheepsaver Chubby Bunny image ?. I'm trying to run a few audio applications and am getting a message requesting for more memory. I uploaded a screenshot of the message here: http://tinyurl.com/n2szt6s

would be brilliant to hear any tip

thank you

florian
Ronald P. Regensburg
Expert User

Re: Built-in Memory allocation in Chubby Bunny

Post by Ronald P. Regensburg »

I do not have a DropBox account and I do not intend to get one, so maybe you can post your picture somewhere more generally accessible. Without the picture (or a good description of the message and of the action that made the message appear) it is not possible to tell if Chubby Bunny needs more memory, or if the hard disk image does not have sufficient space, or if the audio application needs more memory, or if there is a possible other cause.

How much space is left on the hard disk image in SheepShaver? How did you transfer the application into the emulated machine and where does it reside now?
emendelson
Forum All-Star

Post by emendelson »

You don't need a Dropbox account to view the file. Just click on the "close" button on the box that invites you to sign in, and the picture will appear.
Ronald P. Regensburg
Expert User

Post by Ronald P. Regensburg »

(I see, thanks emendelson, this wasn't obvious to me.)

Apparently the message appears in OS9 when you try to open the application. Note the bizarre "zero K needed".

How did you transfer the application into the emulated machine?
Applications cannot be opened from the shared folder (Unix disk) and you will see a message like this when you try. An application must reside on a disk image volume that is mounted in the emulated machine. COI comes with three additional image files that can be used for this purpose when present in the /Users/Shared/ folder. You best copy the file inside the emulated machine from "Unix" to the other volume.
Last edited by Ronald P. Regensburg on Sat Dec 27, 2014 5:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: