Networking in macOS 10.4 Tiger in windows 7

[ARCHIVED] About PearPC, a mostly obsolete PPC Mac emulator for Windows and Linux to run MacOS X 10.1 up to 10.4. Using QEMU is now recommended.

Moderators: Cat_7, Ronald P. Regensburg

saberh
Space Cadet

Networking in macOS 10.4 Tiger in windows 7

Post by saberh »

I'm running windows 7 32bit , I found an img of macOs tiger and it's works fine but no networking ! I installed the tap-windows and seems to be installed as local area connection 2 , now when I start PearPC ot says that it detect it as local area connection 9 and drive version 0.0 .

I'm trying to figure out what's the problem for about 7~8 hours, so any help would be great :lol: .

*Please don't reference to PearPC.net guides it's useless for my case :mad: *
24bit
Forum All-Star

Re: Networking in macOS 10.4 Tiger in windows 7

Post by 24bit »

Off topic:
Did you consider running Tiger (Server) in VMWare or Virtual Box?
I did set up a X86 instance of 10.4 recently and found it solid and fast, including network.
A 10.5 instance may be even more useful methinks, as it offers better host integration of the virtual machine.
If you should be looking for a Universal build (PPC and X86) see here, 6th DL: http://macintoshgarden.org/apps/mac-os-server-104
adespoton
Forum All-Star

Post by adespoton »

10.4 Server x86 also runs in VirtualBox on modern hardware; 10.5 Server x86 unfortunately does not, but will run on Core 2 or earlier.

As far as getting 10.4 PPC running with networking, I've done this with QEmu; I've always had problems getting it to work properly with Tun/Tap on PearPC.
saberh
Space Cadet

Post by saberh »

24bit wrote:Off topic:
Did you consider running Tiger (Server) in VMWare or Virtual Box?
I did set up a X86 instance of 10.4 recently and found it solid and fast, including network.
A 10.5 instance may be even more useful methinks, as it offers better host integration of the virtual machine.
If you should be looking for a Universal build (PPC and X86) see here, 6th DL: http://macintoshgarden.org/apps/mac-os-server-104
why off-topic ? also I don't have a dvd for installation it's just a pre-installed image .
saberh
Space Cadet

Post by saberh »

adespoton wrote:10.4 Server x86 also runs in VirtualBox on modern hardware; 10.5 Server x86 unfortunately does not, but will run on Core 2 or earlier.

As far as getting 10.4 PPC running with networking, I've done this with QEmu; I've always had problems getting it to work properly with Tun/Tap on PearPC.
firstly I don't have an Installation DVD for both server and desktop, and I don't have modern hardware ,I have intel Pentium 4 , 2GB RAM , and no Graphic Card :) .

can you post your steps for getting internet work in QEMU ? it will be great effort , and I will be very thankful .

thanks in advance .
saberh
Space Cadet

Post by saberh »

24bit & adespoton I have a *real* off-topic question :

I downloaded an iATKOS dvd , which is macintosh that work in x86 PC [hackintosh] .

now macOS x Leopard I found it can run fine on my pc , I tried installing it as my main operating system , installation finish successfully , but when I try to start mac it's unbootable it's just displays Apple's logo and nothing else *I was think it's need some time for first run so I waited 17 hours :???:
and nothing *

so now my question is I read
Please use a Darwin installation CD (instructions) for partitioning of the harddisk. You can try to use the partitioning program that comes with the Mac OS X installer (Disk Utility from the Installer menu) later on but this reportedly creates incomplete and unbootable installations.

so I think that's my problem so if anyone experienced that before or have solution i will be more thankful :D than make networking work in pearPC
adespoton
Forum All-Star

Post by adespoton »

I think your computer is too old: iATKOS hackintosh requirements start with the Core 2, I believe -- the hardware on a P4 isn't supported by default. You'd need to write a whole bunch of kexts for support, and then would still likely run out of memory and be performing very slowly (due to the lack of graphics support, unless you wrote video drivers and used a modern graphics card as well).

Then again, running PearPC on a P4 is going to be unusable as well, as is QEMU. The processor is just too slow to give you anything usable.

But in any case, you don't need an installation DVD, just the DVD image file; this should be enough to boot/install on PearPC, QEMU, or actual hardware.
saberh
Space Cadet

Post by saberh »

adespoton wrote:I think your computer is too old: iATKOS hackintosh requirements start with the Core 2, I believe -- the hardware on a P4 isn't supported by default. You'd need to write a whole bunch of kexts for support, and then would still likely run out of memory and be performing very slowly (due to the lack of graphics support, unless you wrote video drivers and used a modern graphics card as well).

Then again, running PearPC on a P4 is going to be unusable as well, as is QEMU. The processor is just too slow to give you anything usable.

But in any case, you don't need an installation DVD, just the DVD image file; this should be enough to boot/install on PearPC, QEMU, or actual hardware.
lol why my processor is slow ? I have intel Pentium (R)*which is a dual core* 4 3Ghz with 2MB cache :D , I agree with you in lack of graphics .

I installed windows 8.1 few minutes and then installed TAP-WINDOWS and setup the bridge connection now all things works just fine , I think there was a problem in windows 7

I just want to say thanks to you guys for reply .

Any Moderator can close the thread or do what you do when the problem is solved
24bit
Forum All-Star

Post by 24bit »

For the Hackintosh off topic:

As your P4 does run Windows 8.1 it must be one of the latest flavours with added features.
Therefore, both iAtkos for Leopard and Nawcom´s Mod for Snow Leopard should work.
In any case a separate hard disk is recommendable for OSX, as OSX wants its own EFI partition on the HDD.
Also OSX is not very usable without a supported graphics card. A low end HD5450 is one choice.
If you are still interested in running 10.6 Snow Leopard look for Nawcoms Mod CD and a retail 10.6 DVD from fleabay.
I case you find the Mod CD hard to locate, you may send me a PM.