Does any generic PowerPC emulator tester exist?

About unsupported SheepShaver configurations, like COI (Chubby Bunny), SheepShaver Wrapper, etc.

Moderators: Cat_7, Ronald P. Regensburg

Justin
Student Driver

Does any generic PowerPC emulator tester exist?

Post by Justin »

I'm trying to test a fork of SheepShaver with the old CPU core, & am having trouble getting the tests to work because they're written for the QEMU core. Does anyone know of a more universal tester for a PowerPC emulator? For anyone who wants for to see it, the source of my fork is at https://github.com/JustinCB/macemu.
kataetheweirdo
Master Emulator

Re: Does any generic PowerPC emulator tester exist?

Post by kataetheweirdo »

zneak (Classix author) wrote:Classix has gasp no unit test, and that's a shame. To my defense, not a single PowerPC emulator seems to have unit tests: I looked at gdb's psim, PearPC, SheepShaver/Basilisk, qemu and Dolphin, and apparently that's not very popular. We really should have unit tests though, as that would make debugging a lot less painful.
I do know of this independent set of tests, at least. (You may download DevkitPPC from here.) You may also try risu.

Also, Sheepshaver does have a regression test file buried deep inside, but it's not really a unit test per say.
Justin
Student Driver

Re: Does any generic PowerPC emulator tester exist?

Post by Justin »

The dolphin tests look promising, and I know about the sheepshaver regression test. The sheepshaver test is tangled up with cruft like everything else relating to sheepshaver, though. I think the dolphin tests would be easier to use(relatively). I think just using a PowerPC compiler that compiles OS code would work if I add trap instructions into "test mode"