Error Installing OS 9 in Sheepshaver Wrapper

About unsupported SheepShaver configurations, like COI (Chubby Bunny), SheepShaver Wrapper, etc.

Moderators: Cat_7, Ronald P. Regensburg

riven2000
Inquisitive Elf

Error Installing OS 9 in Sheepshaver Wrapper

Post by riven2000 »

Hi all,

I've been trying to set up the latest version of Sheepshaver Wrapper, and keep getting an error when starting to install OS 9:

Problems were encountered reading the source file "Big System Morsels”. Installation cannot continue.

AFAIK I've done everything else right, and have tried two different OS 9 install images from different sources - same error. I'm on a Mac Pro in 10.11.6. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated!
emendelson
Forum All-Star

Re: Error Installing OS 9 in Sheepshaver Wrapper

Post by emendelson »

A web search suggests that that error typically results from problems reading the CD-ROM (or disc image file). You might try another copy of the CD or disk image. It's not a SheepShaver problem - it's a problem with the data that you're working with.
mabam
Master Emulator

Post by mabam »

riven2000 wrote:Problems were encountered reading the source file "Big System Morsels”. Installation cannot continue.
For some reason, I have had that problem when using a sparse bundle disk image with SheepShaver.
riven2000
Inquisitive Elf

Post by riven2000 »

I tried yet another different generic installer image, and it works great - until I try to launch a particular game I like, AMBER: Journeys Beyond - it crashes SSW and gives me an EXC_BAD_ACCESS (SIGSEGV) error. Now what? :shock: :roll: (I'll set up a different post for this.)