Unable to copy files to host: File some object wasn't found

About unsupported SheepShaver configurations, like COI (Chubby Bunny), SheepShaver Wrapper, etc.

Moderators: Cat_7, Ronald P. Regensburg

mkrilano@silcom.com
Student Driver

Unable to copy files to host: File some object wasn't found

Post by mkrilano@silcom.com »

I'm running Edward Mendelson's excellent pre-packaged SheepShaver, from URL http://www.columbia.edu/~em36/macos9osx.html. My host is a late 2013 iMac (2.7 GHz Intel Core i5), running Yosemite 10.10.5.

When I first installed this emulator, I could copy files from Mac OS 9 to the Yosemite host by dropping the file onto the icon "Copy to Host." The file would then appear in my Yosemite's User-->Documents-->Desktop Folder (as Edward documented).

That function has stopped working.

Now when I drop a file onto the "Copy to Host" icon, I immediately get the error, "Unable to copy the file to the host system: File some object wasn't found."

(I do have "SOMobjects™ for Mac OS" in my Extensions folder.)

How can I fix this?

After several seconds, I usually also get the error, "The application '~MacOS9BackgroundScript' has unexpectedly quit, because an error of type 2 occurred."

How can I fix this?

(I have several screen shots; how can I include them here?)

Thanks.

--Mark
emendelson
Forum All-Star

Re: Unable to copy files to host: File some object wasn't f

Post by emendelson »

Probably something's corrupted on the OS9 hard disk. Best thing is to download the MacOS9 application again and start over.

Alternately, if you're feeling brave, open the "Copy to Host" applet in either Script Debugger (in the SheepShaver Applications folder) or the Script Editor; make a trivial change (like adding a space somewhere), and then save it again, and see if that fixes it. But it probably won't. Best thing is to download again.
mkrilano@silcom.com
Student Driver

Thanks, emendelson, I'll download the Mac OS 9 application and re-install.

What do I need to do to uninstall it first? I'd delete "Desktop Folder" and "SendToMacOS9" from Documents. Anything else?

--Mark
emendelson
Forum All-Star

Post by emendelson »

You don't need to uninstall anything. Just download the new version and launch it. Please let us know the results.
mkrilano@silcom.com
Student Driver

Re: Unable to copy files to host: File some object not foun

Thanks, emendelson, I downloaded and re-installed the Mac OS 9 application, and that fixed my problems.