Printing info not saved ...

About SheepShaver, a PPC Mac emulator for Windows, MacOS X, and Linux that can run System 7.5.3 to MacOS 9.0.4.

Moderators: Cat_7, Ronald P. Regensburg, ClockWise

rlesperance
Mac Mechanic

Printing info not saved ...

Post by rlesperance »

I am running OS X Mojave 10.14.4 ... While saving a file in Bedford accounting in OS9, I just began getting a brand new error message : «Printing information or window position cannot be saved». I really don't have any idea where this message is coming from.

Does somebody have a clue ?
emendelson
Forum All-Star

Re: Printing info not saved ...

Post by emendelson »

Which system are you running? And is the message appearing in SheepShaver or in the host macOS system?
Ronald P. Regensburg
Expert User

Post by Ronald P. Regensburg »

Also:

Where do you save the file, inside SheepShaver or to 'Unix' (shared folder)?

Did this start immediately after upgrading to Mojave or could you save those files without issue while running Mojave before the error messages appeared?
rlesperance
Mac Mechanic

Post by rlesperance »

Hello Ronald,

Excuse me for my late reply. I did not receive your reply and just see it.

As for the «Printing window» problem it appeared from inside the OS 9 app I use (Bedford Simply Accounting). It has disappeared since installing the latest Sheepshaver 2.5 build. I tried it a little, and it does not seem to appear anymore.

I'll keep you posted if it still does.

Thanks again both (Emeldenson) for helping.
rlesperance
Mac Mechanic

Post by rlesperance »

Still a big problem. Tries to find a fix but nothing works.

The error message window is recurrent and comes back anytime I move a window in the app.

If I save it, I get the message (see here). If I save it twice, the message disappears but comes back anytime I move a window and until I save it twice again.

Quite annoying. Never add that problem in the past. Cannot remember exactly if this began after a OS X upgrade. I am using Mojave 10.14.6.

Where should I begin looking for ?

Thanks for helping.