Video Display Dimensions Settings (SheepShaver Wrapper)

About unsupported SheepShaver configurations, like COI (Chubby Bunny), SheepShaver Wrapper, etc.

Moderators: Cat_7, Ronald P. Regensburg

pmj
Inquisitive Elf

Video Display Dimensions Settings (SheepShaver Wrapper)

Post by pmj »

Trying to set up a new install of Sheepshaver running OS9 (using the various images available at redundant robot) and all seems to be working well... Apart from trying to get the video settings section to work.

I'd like to try and set it to either "Maximum" or more specifically 1600 x 800 but it always throws it back to 1024 x 768 when I reboot.

Is there something I need to add in ~/.sheepshaver_prefs or prefs in order to force this setting?

Thanks
Ronald P. Regensburg
Expert User

Re: Video Display Dimensions Settings (SheepShaver Wrapper)

Post by Ronald P. Regensburg »

Did you configure a regular SheepShaver setup as described in our setup manual, or do you use a preconfigured COI (Classic on Intel or Chubby Bunny) setup?

If you have a regular setup, did you save the change and shut down (not reboot) the emulator?

The OS9 disk image from Redundant Robot is not a full OS9 installation and is too small for any additional installations.
pmj
Inquisitive Elf

Post by pmj »

Thanks for the help, must have missed a step in the instructions. Started again from scratch using a full OS9.0.4 image and Sheepshaver Wrapper and all seems fine with the display options.

One thing... Is there a way to get Apple Sound Manger working? Audio applications I’ve used that can work with the “Built In” sound option are working fine and pass audio to /dev/dsp but I have some that look for Apple Sound Manager to do that (on a normal Mac OS9 machine it just passes sound to the headphone socket). Under Sheepshaver it causes those programs to crash or throw up errors.

Thanks
Ronald P. Regensburg
Expert User

Post by Ronald P. Regensburg »

As you appear to use the SheepShaver Wrapper and not a regular SheepShaver setup, I renamed this topic and moved it to this "Other SheepShaver configurations" subfolder.
emendelson
Forum All-Star

Post by emendelson »

I don't know the answer to the question about the Apple Sound Manager, but you're more likely to get an answer if you start a new thread with the heading that mentions the Apple Sound Manager.
pmj
Inquisitive Elf

Post by pmj »

Good point, will do.