Logic Audio 4.7 - How do I get audio to work?

About SheepShaver, a PPC Mac emulator for Windows, MacOS X, and Linux that can run System 7.5.3 to MacOS 9.0.4.

Moderators: Cat_7, Ronald P. Regensburg, ClockWise

riberx
Space Cadet

Logic Audio 4.7 - How do I get audio to work?

Post by riberx »

Good evening, I am trying to get my copy of logic audio 4.7 to play audio. "Mac AV" gives me an error -231. I am unsure of what audio driver I can use and have no clue how to set it up. If anyone could let me know or point towards anything that could help me that would be highly appreciated!
I am unsure of what specs to give you but I am running Windows 10.

Thank you very much!
riberx
Space Cadet

Re: Logic Audio 4.7 - How do I get audio to work?

Post by riberx »

May I add that I have the "Built In" option on the sound control panel and that system sounds work when I use the little volume slider.
riberx
Space Cadet

Post by riberx »

Maybe I should try and give some more info. I get the error message "Error code -231 was returned by the Mac AV driver." whenever I try to select the Mac AV audio driver in Logic Audio Platinum 4.7.0 and using the key emulator. I don't think there is any other way for me to use the other audio drivers such as ASIO. I don't even know what the other audio drivers do lol.
Did some more research and found that the error code means this:
error -231 siUnknownInfoType: invalid info type selector (returned by driver)
I found it under a list of error codes for MacOS.
Remember that audio does work in general, but I am just unsure on how to set up audio for Logic :(
This is my newest lead. I'm not too sure what this could mean but if anyone else does I'll pay you XD
Cat_7
Expert User

Post by Cat_7 »

You first need to set up OMS to use the QuickTime musical instruments as midi out. You can test the setup. If you can hear sound, you're Ok.

Open Logic Platinum, Select Audio, Audio Hardware and Driver, Select Mac AV. It will throw an error.
Next, create a new environment: File, New, New document. Then at Windows 1, open Matrix edit. The virtual keyboard then works.

All the rest of how to operate Logic is beyond me. ;-)

Best,
Cat_7
emendelson
Forum All-Star

Post by emendelson »

Cat_7 wrote: Mon Feb 28, 2022 6:47 am You first need to set up OMS to use the QuickTime musical instruments as midi out. You can test the setup. If you can hear sound, you're Ok.
OMS = Open Music System ???
Cat_7
Expert User

Post by Cat_7 »

Oops, yes: OMS is Open Music System

Best,
Cat_7