Problem playing game in BasiliskII

About BasiliskII, a 68k Mac emulator for Windows, MacOSX, and Linux that can run System 7.x through MacOS 8.1.

Moderators: Cat_7, Ronald P. Regensburg

afro
Inquisitive Elf

Problem playing game in BasiliskII

Post by afro »

Now, I have another problem.

So, the barrack game works on Basilisks II, but not for long. If I play a few short games it's fine (ie. I lose quickly). If I lose quickly and the this is followed by a longer game (I lose slower), then the "firing splitter" that is used to separate the balls in barrack, stops firing. Further, the game basically freezes as I can not exit it or do anything else. If I then try to close with the "red x" button beside the minimize button of Basilisks II, nothing happens. Nor of course can I shut it down from the special menu. So I am forced to do "control, esc" to shut down game and Basiliks II together.

When I start Basilisks II again the game works for a brief period before the above repeats time and time again.

What's going on here?
adespoton
Forum All-Star

Re: Problem playing game in BasiliskII

Post by adespoton »

I think this is a known bug -- I seem to recall avoiding using Barrack in BII for some reason. Works fine in SheepShaver though I think?

Possibly you might need to change the mouse input style you're using, or try switching between windowed and full screen mode.
afro
Inquisitive Elf

Post by afro »

Doesn't work.

other options?
afro
Inquisitive Elf

Post by afro »

I meant the window or full screen change doesn't help.

Don't know about sheepshaver. Have not tried. What else can I do with Basilisks II to make it work? Now, it's not even lasting one longer game...
Ronald P. Regensburg
Expert User

Post by Ronald P. Regensburg »

The game does indeed have issues with System 7.5.5 but runs fine in MacOS 9.0.4 in SheepShaver. See the other topic where we discuss your SheepShaver setup.