Two tips for installing Mac OS X 10.5 Leopard in QEMU

About Qemu-system-ppc, a PPC Mac emulator for Windows, macOS and Linux that can run Mac OS 9.0 up to Mac OS X 10.5

Moderators: Cat_7, Ronald P. Regensburg

HilbertofIdeals
Space Cadet

Re: Two tips for installing Mac OS X 10.5 Leopard in QEMU

Post by HilbertofIdeals »

Thanks for your reply, Cat_7! Unfortunately, it looks like this AdditionalSpeechVoices package is part of the minimum software. I got the exact same message again :cry:

Btw, I am using the exact same link that the original poster used (the post at the top). It boots, but I don't know why only I'm getting this error? Could it be a QEMU configuration? Could the file have gotten corrupted when downloaded?
Cat_7
Expert User

Post by Cat_7 »

You would have to provide your command line for us to see whether there is a configuration error. But I don´t think so, otherwise the installed would not have run.

I downloaded the iso from https://isoriver.com/mac-os-x-leopard-10-5-iso/ which seems to boot and install correctly. (but also takes a long time to download)

Best,
Cat_7
HilbertofIdeals
Space Cadet

Post by HilbertofIdeals »

Hmm....perhaps I should try a different ISO? Although I'm getting a bit impatient :oops:

I think the disc image the original poster linked is corrupt. I've tried upgrading a Tiger emulator (that I copied, so I have the original!) instead of doing a clean install, as well as redownloading it (which I had done for each trial up to this point); and this time, among other issues, the entire installation went kaput when I tried to boot from the hard disk image.

I checked the Installer Logs near the end of installation, because it said there were 2 minutes left but was taking far too long, and it had a long list of lines saying "No receipt for 'com.apple.pkg.OSInstall' found at '/Volumes/Macintosh HDD'". There were about 36 of these after each of these lines that seemed to suggest a language pack was being installed (things like Italian.lproj, ko.lproj, etc.)

Then, after a really long time, it finally showed a bunch of lines saying some things failed, and something about how it couldn't register the disk for booting or something. After that, that's when the installer showed a message similar to the screenshot the poster put. (Sorry I don't have any screenshots or recordings of the logs :sad:)

So I don't know what to do.
therealporky
Space Cadet

Post by therealporky »

I tried the iso Cat_7 used but the booting process takes forever. The Apple logo shows and the loading wheel spins and takes a while to show a black screen. Any idea why this happens?