Wrapper will not start after replacing SheepShaver.app

About unsupported SheepShaver configurations, like COI (Chubby Bunny), SheepShaver Wrapper, etc.

Moderators: Cat_7, Ronald P. Regensburg

makra
Space Cadet

Wrapper will not start after replacing SheepShaver.app

Post by makra »

I had a working SheepShaver Wrapper with a couple of good old apps in the MacOS.sheepvpm. I got hold of a new 64bit-version of the SheepShaver.app and replaced the old one. If I try to start the Wrapper app now, I get this alert:

"sh: /Applications/SheepShaver Wrapper.app/Contents/Resources/Files/checkModifierKeys: Bad CPU type in executable
sh: /Applications/SheepShaver Wrapper.app/Contents/Resources/Files/checkModifierKeys: Bad CPU type in executable (126)"

Do I need to install from scratch? Is it possible to keep the vpm-file?

Martin
makra
Space Cadet

Re: Wrapper will not start after replacing SheepShaver.app

Post by makra »

Update: I can start my virtual machine by opening the the vpm-file by double click. And: Precisely every other time the machine freezes while starting up.

So: It's working for me - just a bit strange...
emendelson
Forum All-Star

Post by emendelson »

Changing the SheepShaver.app without using the current version of the Wrapper probably won't work. The whole system has been revised for Catalina.

Start over with the current download of the SheepShaver wrapper, and simply copy the MacOS.sheepvm file from the old system to the new one. (I tried this just now, and it ran perfectly under Catalina.) You'll have to work your way deep into the folder contents until you find the MacOS.sheepvm folder that you need to replace.
makra
Space Cadet

Post by makra »

emendelson wrote:Changing the SheepShaver.app without using the current version of the Wrapper probably won't work. The whole system has been revised for Catalina.

Start over with the current download of the SheepShaver wrapper, and simply copy the MacOS.sheepvm file from the old system to the new one. (I tried this just now, and it ran perfectly under Catalina.) You'll have to work your way deep into the folder contents until you find the MacOS.sheepvm folder that you need to replace.
Works for me, thanks very much! Still: Startup freezes occur. But as soon as startup has finished, everything works well.