Android Setup Help?

About BasiliskII, a 68k Mac emulator for Windows, MacOSX, and Linux that can run System 7.x through MacOS 8.1.

Moderators: Cat_7, Ronald P. Regensburg

Ofunatoofunato1
Space Cadet

Android Setup Help?

Post by Ofunatoofunato1 »

I am completely new to this and failing pretty hard. I downloaded Basilisk II from the play store. I also have a OS iso and ROM. I put the iso and rom files in the Basilisk folder. But the iso is not available when I try to create a volume. I actually don't really understand the volumes screen at all. I can't seem to find any guides or walkthroughs. Is it possible to set-up Basilisk II using only my phone? Or do I have to set things up on a PC first?

Thank you!!!
Ronald P. Regensburg
Expert User

Re: Android Setup Help?

Post by Ronald P. Regensburg »

To add the iso file to the volumes list, you use "Add", not "Create". "Create" is for creating a new disk image file.
Maybe this setup guide for Linux is helpful: https://www.emaculation.com/doku.php/ba ... inux_setup
Ofunatoofunato1
Space Cadet

Re: Android Setup Help?

Post by Ofunatoofunato1 »

I don't even see it in the list to add. The file just isn't present in the Basilisk app, even though it is for sure in that folder. I can see other files in that folder to add, but not the iso. The create button doesn't do anything.

Edit: I reset the app to default and now I can see the iso file. I can add it, but "create" still does nothing. When I try to start I just see some very squished, impossible to read Mac error windows.
Last edited by Ofunatoofunato1 on Fri Dec 17, 2021 9:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.