"Could not start BasiliskII"

About BasiliskII, a 68k Mac emulator for Windows, MacOSX, and Linux that can run System 7.x through MacOS 8.1.

Moderators: Cat_7, Ronald P. Regensburg

Drachefly
Space Cadet

"Could not start BasiliskII"

Post by Drachefly »

After what I thought was following the setup guide line for line, I attempt to start BasiliskII through the GUI and get

Is there a way to figure out WHICH file it is that doesn't exist? Where is it looking for BasiliskII? Does the folder need to be NAMED BasiliskII? Does it not look right next to itself?

Versions involved:
My computer is "MacBook Air (13-inch, Early 2015)"
My MacOS is 10.14.6
BasiliskII is the 2021-08-01 version.
BasiliskIIGUI is v1.0, created 2011-10-10

Is this a mismatch? Should I only use 32 bit GUI with 32 bit BasiliskII?
Ronald P. Regensburg
Expert User

Re: "Could not start BasiliskII"

Post by Ronald P. Regensburg »

This can happen with some combinations of host OS and applications. That is why the setup guide tells you:

Click “Start” to save the settings and to start BasiliskII.
If BasiliskII does not start and/or the GUI does not quit, click Start or Save in the GUI to save the settings, quit the GUI application, and launch BasiliskII directly.
Drachefly
Space Cadet

Re: "Could not start BasiliskII"

Post by Drachefly »

Ronald P. Regensburg wrote: Sun Feb 13, 2022 2:12 pm This can happen with some combinations of host OS and applications. That is why the setup guide tells you:

Click “Start” to save the settings and to start BasiliskII.
If BasiliskII does not start and/or the GUI does not quit, click Start or Save in the GUI to save the settings, quit the GUI application, and launch BasiliskII directly.
Okay… The message seemed more fundamental than something you could work around that easily, but yeah, running now… sorry to bother