AppleScript app to set Basilisk II window size

About BasiliskII, a 68k Mac emulator for Windows, MacOSX, and Linux that can run System 7.x through MacOS 8.1.

Moderators: Cat_7, Ronald P. Regensburg

emendelson
Forum All-Star

AppleScript app to set Basilisk II window size

Post by emendelson »

Here is a tiny AppleScript that offers a range of sizes for the Basilisk II window, and can set the Basilisk II prefs file so that Basilisk II opens to the size you choose. The range of sizes offered is determined by your actual screen size, so you aren't offered anything that won't fit your screen.

I fully understand that this does absolutely nothing that cannot be done perfectly well, and almost as easily and quickly, in the prefs GUI. It simply makes the process very slightly simpler. And by "very slightly" I mean "extremely, almost unnoticeably, slightly." I really do understand this, and I hope no one will be misled into thinking that it will change their life or anything else. Absolutely no one needs this AppleScript, but I find it convenient for making quick changes in window size:

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/271144/Basilisk ... wSizer.zip

I have another AppleScript that opens Basilisk II in the same quasi-full-screen mode that I offer in my SheepShaver wrapper (described in another thread). As written, that other AppleScript (which I have not posted) requires that the BasiliskII application be located in your "~/Applications/BasiliskII Folder" - that's the USER Applications folder, not the Applications folder on the hard disk. (The USER Applications folder doesn't exist on many systems, but I've got complicated reasons for using it in my own setup.) If anyone is interested in this, let me know and I'll post it, but you will need to edit the AppleScript to make it work on your system if you don't have an "~/Applications/BasiliskII Folder" where you keep BasiliskII. This is not a job for beginners - there's a lot of code that needs to be modified.

Remember that the window-size chooser that I posted at the link above does NOT - repeat does NOT - require that the BasiliskII application be anywhere specific on your hard disk. The AppleScript I posted at the link above does NOT need to be modified in ANY way. The paragraph immediately above this one refers to an AppleScript that I have NOT posted, because it does require editing, but I will gladly post if anyone wants it.