Problem using Mini vMac with Netbook

About Mini vMac and all other 68k emulators, including SoftMac, Executor, and MESS.

Moderators: Cat_7, Ronald P. Regensburg

KnightsWhoSayNi
Space Cadet

Problem using Mini vMac with Netbook

Post by KnightsWhoSayNi »

Hello -

I have been a long time visitor to this forum but, this is my first actual post. As a long time user of Mini vMac I have had one ongoing problem. I use a Dell Mini 9 netbook which only has a 1024x600 screen, which means that if I use the program's Magnify command I lose a good portion of the bottom of the screen. Now at home, I use an external monitor so there's no problem there, but away from home I'm forced to try to use the default screen magnification of the program.

Is anyone aware of a variation of Mini vMac that has changed the Magnify command to being only 1.5 times the normal resolution instead of the usual doubling of the resolution (I know that there are variations of the program that have a larger default screen size, but that's not really what I'm looking for). I want to make the default Mini vMac screen be the largest it can be on my netbook.

I'm afraid I would not begin to know how to do my own build of the program to accomplish this, or if a change of this type is even possible in the first place? But any information anyone could give me about my problem would be deeply appreciated, even if it is just to say that a variation of this type is not possible.

Once again thanks for everyone's assistance with the guides and discussions on this forum that helped me setting up and using this excellent emulation. You all have been extremely helpful to me!

Thanks,
John